[Farmall] Points, Farmall A

Jim Becker jim.becker at verizon.net
Tue Oct 20 20:59:56 PDT 2009

The IT manuals were written for experienced mechanics.  The original Owner's
Manual has tune-up instructions.

Set the points with the rub block on the highest point of the cam.

Set your engine to #1 TDC compression then use whichever tower the rotor
points at for #1 spark plug wire.  Or, you could take the magneto off and
rotate it backwards until the rotor is pointing to the right place and
reinstall (requires reseting the timing).

Jim Becker        jim.becker at verizon.net