[Farmall] Points, Farmall A

gb spear fidomister at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 20 18:27:10 PDT 2009

This must be a boring inquiry to all the good Farmall mechanics, but Im lost,,I got an IT,,Farmall Book today and it does not address setting the points on any of the tractors. Are the points set with the rub block on the highest part of the rotor?  What about ,,when my No 1 is up and firing,the rotary button is not on the No 1,,dist post...do I make no 1 , the post where it is pointing?? I just got this engine and hope the cam/crank dots are aligned...Any input is appreciated,,,and is there a good manual to buy,,,,Thanks GB