[Farmall] Points, Farmall A

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Wed Oct 21 04:42:35 PDT 2009

I&T manuals are essentially just "digest" forms of the IH service
manual. Go to Binder Books <www.binderbooks.com> and order the service
manual from them, and all your questions will be answered in detail. :-)

Note that, for any 4 stroke engine, the firing stroke and the exhaust
stroke will both look the same when you view the timing mark on the
crankshaft pulley. But the distributor rotor will be 180° out of
position. But (and this is a big BUT), if the distributor was removed at
some point and put back in incorrectly, it is still possible to time the
engine properly; it just takes a little more work to figure things out.

Mike