[AT] Automatic parts washer please!

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sun Oct 4 12:05:50 PDT 2009

Steve there was a speaker at one meeting that worked for a huge powder
coating facility in TN.  They powder coat any and everything right down to
the cell phone cases and the handles on razors.  Anyway he shared a story
about some fairly large metal item (something of bbq grill or dishwasher
size) that they were having small random coating failures on.  They could
not figure it out until one day someone noticed that some of the workers
were wearing those silicone rubber bracelets we often see now, usually as a
symbol for some charity like breast cancer research etc.   They got to
looking into it and figured out that if one of those bracelets just
casually brushed against the metal it would put enough "oil" on the surface
to cause the failure.  They banned folks from wearing the bracelets and the
problem went away.

Charlie