[AT] Automatic parts washer please!

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sun Oct 4 06:43:42 PDT 2009

A few years back I was looking into the powder coating business.  I went to
a couple of seminars and trade conventions.  The secret to a good powder
coat job is cleanliness of the parts being coated.  The industry standard
for cleaning is hot water with phosphate cleaners.  Basically tri sodium
phosphate in a hot water bath.

I would think for cleaning grungy parts you'd want to get the bulk of the
crud off before putting them in the phosphate bath.  One good thing about
phosphate cleaners is that they tend to bind heavy metal contaminants such
as lead.  The waste can then be disposed of without special treatment. (if
you're worried about that).