[AT] Automatic parts washer please!

Gene Dotson gdotsly at watchtv.net
Sat Oct 3 17:29:40 PDT 2009

    I have always thought a fellow could make a hot water cleaning tank by
using a steel drum and use a tank type block heater to heat the water. Just
plumb it in below the water line and discharge near the top of the water.
Would probably need a fine screen on the inlet to keep out the particles
that would plug the heater.
    I use a 5 gallon bucket of water in the shop for hand washing and often
thought it would be more effective if it had warm water. Just need to find a
steel bucket to make this up. I use a spray bottle with a mixture of 2/3
water and 1/3 Dawn dishwashing soap for hand washing.

                        Gene