[Farmall] tools

farmallgray at aol.com farmallgray at aol.com
Wed Nov 25 14:12:23 PST 2009

Bob,
I would stay away from the plastic calipers. We have one at work we keep under the counter for rough measuring.The jaws that measure inside are worn about 1/8". You can buy a fairly decent stainless dial caliper for $20-40 that will probably serve your purposes if you are not doing machine work.I personally don't like the digital lcd calipers. I guess I'm old fashioned. I can see the little gear rack in the dial caliper and understand that a gear moved against it and know how it works. How do the digital ones work? I don't know. I'm sure they are fine and accurate and all; just not my cup of tea. I also feel that the fewer tools I have that take batteries the better. My luck the battery would be dead when I really need it.LOL!
BTW have you seen the new motorized adjustable wrench advertised? What a joke that is!

Todd Markle

Spring Mills, Pa.