[AT] TMCOTKU new old tractors home

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 15:42:25 PST 2009

Son Scott and I went up north of here to pick up the Case VAC and
Massey Harris Pony to bring them home today. They are sitting on the
trailer "getting used to the place" and I'll unload them tomorrow.
The VAC seems to be a 1948 (serial # C 5271806). Its all a pretty
generic VAC but in much better shape than the one I had gotten from my
scrapper friend. It is not running but is free and was running 4 years
ago but has been parked under a carport since due to bad rear tires.
The Massey Harris Pony (says Pony on the serial # tag) seems to be a
1952 (serial # PGA 20545. It runs nice after warming up but will need
more work before painting to make it look good than the VAC will.
I believe that the rear tires are too big on the Pony but I will not
likely change them unless they fail. It now has 12.4 x 24 knobbies but
I suspect that it should have had something like 10.2 x 24s.
I keep reading about a Pony 11 and a Pony 14. Apparently they made
very few of the 14's. One site indicated that the 14's started in
1951.
Does anyone know what the difference is between an 11 and a 14?

--
Have you hugged your horses today?

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"