[AT] JD 214 WS timing problems

Lew Best lew at lewslittlefarm.com
Mon Nov 16 20:23:46 PST 2009

Hey guys

I have a 214 WS that's out of time. When I started to bale; it broke a shear
bolt. I replaced it; turned by hand & the ram hit the safety stop. Upon
inspection I found the bolts that you use to set the timing gone; I know
that when I had to time it last year I wired the bolts; maybe I used too
small wire; who knows. Anyway, one bolt had apparently come out & the other
broke off. I took it apart; got the broken piece out with an ez-out; now
I've tried timing it step by step by the book but each time when I put the
bolts back in & turn it through by hand the needles are about 6" or so into
the bale chamber & the ram hits the safety stop. Anyone have any ideas? I
have hay on the ground I really need to get baled!

Lew Best near Waco, TX

Please note new email addy

lew at lewslittlefarm.com