[AT] Tractor deals

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 13:53:47 PST 2009

On 3/5/09, David Bruce <davidbruce at yadtel.net> wrote:
> Thanks for the recommendation H. L.
> Certainly they are on the list - just need to find a local dealer.  I'm
> sure there is one just have to run the dealer down.  My needs are rather
> simple these days - mowing, plowing the garden, hauling dirt and stuff
> for the garden.
>
> I hate the thought of giving up the MF as it has been a trusty helper
> for 20 years for me but having one tractor to keep running does have
> some charms.  Notice I didn't say I hate to lose the JD 2010.  I think
> Deere tried most anything new for the NG tractors on the 2010 - then
> made the needed changes for the later tractors.  Been a money pit from
> the word go and even though it now runs well if it has more failures we
> will be back into the parts search.
>
> David
> NW NC

============================

I have always looked at the XX10 series Deeres as a practice run and
the XX20 series as much more wrinkle free and beefier. I think Deere
did fairly well with the XX10 series when you consider that it was
such a radical departure from anything else they had ever built. They
really built and refined the same old two banger for about forever. To
make such a change they must have started again from square one. There
is nothing like experience to show up wrinkles.
:-)

Son Scott and I were invited along for advice when a very good
neighbor was looking for a tractor much like you want. We hit about
all of the units out there like Branson, etc. etc. etc. We made some
jokes about him buying one John Deere or two of the lesser name brands
and he had just assumed that he could not do any good at a Deere
dealer. We talked about how you could paint an old coffee can JD green
and yellow and get a fortune out of it.
:-)
On the way home we passed big Deere dealer and we said what the hell,
they can only throw us out...   :-)   To the surprise of all of us
Deere was not only in the market but lower than several we had looked
at for the same features and HP. Even better he then talked to a
smaller dealer in another county and they made him a deal he couldn't
pass up. He has been very happy...

--
"farmer"

"Good clean muck never hurt nobody!!!"
Morris Moulterd

Hay and Straw Exchange (Buy it, sell it and trade it.)