[Ford-ferguson] Jeep Belt Pulley

Jim Peck @Yahoo jamesgpeck at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 5 06:11:53 PDT 2009

This shows a belt pulley on a 1953 Jeep CJ-3B. I guess they copied the PTO, belt pulley, and three point hitch.
http://www.apple.queensu.ca/CJ3B/Photos/Parts/HydraulicLift.gif

[Jim Peck]The belt pulley offered by Harry Ferguson Inc. for the Ford-Ferguson 9N was originally provided with a paper stacked
pulley surface. A later version with steel pulley surface became available in 1949 but it is unclear whether it was sold by Ford,
Ferguson, or both. This fit the 1.125" splined Power Take Off shaft. Ferguson continued to supply the belt pulley after 1946, when
they stopped selling the 9N-2N. When the TE 20 was introduced, many of the same 9N contract manufacturers were used to supply the
Ferguson UK dealers with implements and accessories.

This original belt pulley could not handle the power of a MF 65 or Ford 800. A larger belt pulley was sold by Massey Ferguson. The
larger belt pulley has the same bolt pattern as the TO/N series but fits the larger PTO shaft on the MF 50, MF 65, MF 135, and maybe
others. We are still trying to determine when this larger belt pulley was last sold.

Were the 9N belt pulleys first manufactured by Ferguson-Sherman?

Scanned by iolo AntiVirus 1.5.6.4
http://www.iolo.com