[AT] McCormick W-4 adventures

CEE VILL cvee60 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 5 05:47:14 PDT 2009

> From: k1lky at earthlink.net
> To: at at lists.antique-tractor.com
> Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 08:17:47 -0400
> Subject: Re: [AT] McCormick W-4 adventures
>

> > -put it in your freezer for 1/2 of a day.
>

> You mean the free wheeling unit, right? (The PTO shaft is built into
> the tractor).  It seems to me that would make it a bit smaller and
> make the thing go on even harder

The free wheeling unit is also called an over running coupler.
If you can put the entire tractor in your freezer, that would be O.K. too.
When metal contracts, it contracts in all directions.  The O.D. may become smaller, but the I.D. should become larger.  Freezing the shaft would be a good thing, but we have already been there.