[AT] McCormick W-4 adventures

Roy Morgan k1lky at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 5 05:17:47 PDT 2009

On Jun 5, 2009, at 6:42 AM, CEE VILL wrote:

> Just a small tip, Roy.

> -grease the PTO shaft well prior to installation.
> -deburr all of the edges on both pieces.

I did not yet put any grease on the parts, and did imagine that the
next step is to debur. I can see where the PTO shaft is scraped
slightly and presume that is the spot that's causing the trouble.  I
have a variety of files I can use.

> -put it in your freezer for 1/2 of a day.

You mean the free wheeling unit, right? (The PTO shaft is built into
the tractor).  It seems to me that would make it a bit smaller and
make the thing go on even harder

I wish the parts went together nicely with only the grease making it
move into place slowly.  I"m going to try the output end of the free
wheel unit on the shaft of the bush hog I have to see if there's any
trouble there.

Roy

Roy Morgan
k1lky at earthlink.net