[AT] McCormick W-4 adventures

CEE VILL cvee60 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 5 03:42:43 PDT 2009

Just a small tip, Roy.  I believe the instructions with the O/R coupler tell you to grease the PTO shaft well prior to installation.  That is a must.  If you think it is going on hard now, wait until you try to remove it in a year or two.  If not well lubed, it will oxidize to the shaft.  You may have to take a small file and deburr all of the edges on both pieces.  Check them carefully for small nicks or burrs.  Beyond that, if you do not plan to remove the coupler for a long time, put it in your freezer for 1/2 of a day.  When you remove it from the freezer, install quickly before it warms up.  I would not try any force other than light tapping with a soft mallet.

Good luck,

Charlie V