[AT] Show season

Dave Merchant kosh at ncweb.com
Sat Jul 4 02:31:35 PDT 2009

I'm really glad to hear that the 2 Greenville shows are now on different
weekends.  Hope it stays that way and not just a freak of the calendar.

When the steam side of the club moved to the grounds north of town,
and the club split up, the 2 shows competed on the same weekend,
to the detriment of both.

We haven't been to the Darke County steam show in several years,
but always thought it was one of the best shows around.

Standard procedure has always been to go to the AFM on Monday,
then eat at the Flying Tiger (is it still there?)  before heading home.

Fortunately, the local Ashtabula County show this weekend has
an active steam contingent, only 5 engines, but at least a couple
are working all the time.  Mostly Amish, so they're not there Sunday.

Feature is Farmalls, lots of nice ones there.

Dave Merchant