[Farmall] International A died (and I am baffled)

ebony51 at frontiernet.net ebony51 at frontiernet.net
Wed Jul 1 06:51:18 PDT 2009

Folks,  I got looked and the points are bad.  I thought I had the correct set but not, so I need to run to the Case-IH dealer to see if they have them.

I noticed there is no ballast resister before the coil.  I have had the tractor probably 8 or 9 years and it has ran fine. I suppose the coil could have an internal resister but the coil has been painted over so I cannot tell what it is.

I assume for a 6 volt coil, one needs a ballast resister before it.

I do not know if the coil is bad or not. The points certainly are.

For a 12 volt coil, does it need a ballast resister after it so 12 volts to not go to the points and burn them up?

Thanks

Larry