[AT] Check the grounds

David Bruce davidbruce at yadtel.net
Wed Feb 11 00:06:40 PST 2009

Given my experience with my 2001 Malibu I can believe the events.

My situation started with an occasional total loss of electrical.  First
check ended up with a new ignition module.  Next time the car would not
start I brought the shop owner and his code reader home with me to check
- of course the car started then.  He kept the car a week to try to
duplicate the problem and could not.  After the first rollback ride the
though was the anti-theft module was throwing the fault - this seemed
plausible because you could follow the procedure to reset the anti-theft
module and sometimes restore electrical.  After the second the problem
was finally diagnosed - a bad connection to one of the fuse boxes
creating an intermittent electrical fault.  Apparently the fault finally
went from intermittent to constant.

When it comes to dealing with the computer module controlled stuff I am
far from versed and have relied on the particular shop with excellent
results other than this vexing case.

David
NW NC