[AT] How about this orange tractor, Attn: Travis

Stephen Offiler soffiler at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 12:12:23 PST 2009

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 2:51 PM, yestergears at intrstar.net
<yestergears at intrstar.net> wrote:

>  Talking with the dealer, he told me they are looking for computer operators moreso than mechanics these days.... Amazing... He said
> the computer told them what to replace repair now.  Then all he needed was a parts changer.

I say bullcrap.  That dealer is sadly mistaken, and he will be bitten
by his own perception that all he needs is a "parts changer".  This
perception is rampant in the automotive world these days too, although
most dealers and independent shops know the real score, and it's the
consumer who thinks the computer does all the real work and some
minimum-wage drone hangs the parts.  The fact is, as systems become
more complex, so do the repairs, and even higher-skilled technicians
are required.

Steve O.