[AT] The last question I had on my list for December.

Chuck Bealke bealke at airmail.net
Thu Dec 31 23:44:31 PST 2009

Sure agree with Farmer on cultivating not being a favorite job - at least not
with an exhaust lift Farmall A for long hours in corn.  Worse was picking corn by
hand in a barely accessible creek bottom patch where we could not easily get
a corn picker in.  This was done when it was too cold to do much else other than
cut wood - almost always a dreary overcast day windy enough to stiffen your fingers.
My favorite jobs were moldboard plowing and cutting alfalfa with a sharp 7-foot
sickle and fast hydraulics.  If there were not gopher mounds therein, the mowing
went pretty quickly, and a rolling field of evenly cut hay looked gorgeous.
Raking and baling good hay could be a hoot too.

Chuck Bealke