[AT] The last question I had on my list for December.

Paul Waugh pwaugh at embarqmail.com
Thu Dec 31 21:24:03 PST 2009

Being 3 years older than Brother Gene, I have different memories.  Least
enjoyed goes along with several others. At age 15 ,I moved in with my uncle.
I helped him put the 2 row front mount cultivators on the Farmall H. When we
got done, he says, say it is all yours until they come off. I was right
proud ..... for about a week, and at the end of 3 years, cultivating was not
high on my list.  Plowing was not high, for after a week of listening to the
Farmall M roar, and keeping furrow straight, oh my, they had to be straight,
uphill, down hill, through clay and soft sand all in the same field, they
had better be straight.  First time over disking fresh plowed ground with a
2 day rain on it was no joy either.  Greasing the JD 29A combine twice a day
was not fun either ... Is till have the bucket pump gun I used on it.

Mowing, now there is something that moved right along, and took great skill
to keep it close to the fence, but not TOO close <g>. I still love the smell
of fresh cut hay.

I would do any of them today for half a day and never complain.

Paul - 46555