[AT] The last question I had on my list for December.

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Thu Dec 31 21:30:25 PST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gene Waugh" <GWaugh at wowway.com>
To: "Antique tractor email discussion group" <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 31, 2009 10:50 PM
Subject: Re: [AT] The last question I had on my list for December.

> Baling is the only time I can remember my Aunt driving a tractor---yet
> she took charge of that old IH M (Farmall, I suppose) and fade do.  It
> took ALL of us guys to simply get the hay in the barns!

Haying time was not a bad time for this farm kid. The ride back to the yard
on top of a load of hay or straw bales was a welcome respite from the labour
of stacking all those bales on the wagon. Laying on top of the load watching
the clouds roll by and the gentle rocking of the bale load, the sound of the
Cockshutt 50 up front pulling the load. A nice break, but sometimes too
short before we had to start unloading the bales in the yard.

Ralph in Sask.