[AT] The last question I had on my list for December.

carl gogol cgogol at twcny.rr.com
Thu Dec 31 13:13:41 PST 2009

My least favorite job was running the edible bean harvester.  You ran a
Farmal 140 in low gear at about 700 RPM all day long and you had to stay
square on the rows or there was too much loss.
Favorite was hay raking with the farmall H (any tractor would be fine) or
running the 24' IH Vibrashank cultivator with the Oliver 990 was also very
relaxing as long as the muffler functioned (GM 2 cycle diesel!)  Cultivating
beans was in the middle and could have moved up if the power steering on the
Oliver 1850 could have been fixed to not fight all the time.  These were
rear mounted cultivators and looking back was mostly counterproductive with
the steering taking almost all the attention I cound muster.
Carl Gogol - Manlius, NY
Tasty grazing in the Oran valley of Central NY
AC D14, 914H
JD 5320 MFWD
Kubota F-2400, B7300HST