[AT] The last question I had on my list for December.

Gene Waugh GWaugh at wowway.com
Thu Dec 31 11:41:35 PST 2009

In that I did not live on the farm full time most of the time, I was
limited in being allowed serious jobs (cultivating, etc).  BUT...OMG,
how I remember stacking hay in the top of the barn in midwest summer
heat and humidity!!!!!  Most people CANNOT comprehend what a treat it
was for me to be on the wagon behind the baler, stacking bales.  But it
was a TREAT!!  On a smaller scale, when the family lived on a couple
acres outside Raleigh, NC, I specifically remember the summer the folks
decided to replace the front yard.  I remember so very well an August
day---must have been a Thursday (Mother was not at home, Thursday was
her day to have the car for marketing)---I was so wiped out from running
that David Bradley with the cultipacker that I CALLED DAD AT THE OFFICE
for permission to take a break---Damn, we were well trained back then,
weren't we!

Gene