[AT] Shhhh! Quiet==electrical

Larry Goss rlgoss at insightbb.com
Thu Dec 31 08:37:19 PST 2009

Thirty Amp!  Wow!  You had power to spare.  My next door neighbor had 5 amp 110 volt service on their house when me moved there.  It got upgraded to 220 volt service and the power company left the old meter.  I "glommed" onto it and wired it up so I could check the power usage on some of the simple appliances.  Unfortunately, the meter was so small that you couldn't use it for something like a refrigerator or window air conditioner, so it wasn't as handy as it could have been.

I finally got tired of having it kick around in the garage and sold in in a garage sale.  The guy who bought it had a collection of electrical hardware, and he was bouncing off the walls because he was so happy to have found that meter.

Larry