[Farmall] Ethanol (was Re: [AT] Gas Tank Liner

Barney Van De Weert bbvande at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 29 05:46:07 PST 2009

As I understand it, the Feds last year mandated that ALL gas have 10% ethanol added, this amounts to legalized watering down of a product in my opinion. All of my vehicles pretty much lost 10% in mileage. Other problem or it may be a benefit- the ethanol acts as a solvent so it will loosen up deposits in fuel tank and systems as well as breaking down components as Mike mentions. I have experienced the fuel line issue he talks about on my saw as well.

Ethanol also will absorb water so you should not have to worry as much about condensation in fuel,
 Barney Van De Weert
3828 Heartwood St
Uniontown OH 44685

bbvande at yahoo.com