[AT] A new question now D-14

Larry Dotson larrydotson at embarqmail.com
Thu Dec 24 05:52:05 PST 2009

I had a WD narrow front and rolled it over one time when raising the bucket
to put some rocks on top of a large pile. Just as the bucket reacke the dump
height, one rear wheel hit a soft spot and over it went. I wanted to replace
it with a wide front loader tractor. All the Masseys with loaders were very
high priced. Then I saw a D-14 sitting out with a loader on it. I stoped and
asked if it was for sale. It didn't run but I bought it for $2,000. I went
the 2 miles home and got a battery, Gas, tools and in 2 hours drove it home.
It has the power steering (which was totally dry of fluid) but it has become
one of my favorite tractors. The Freeman loader has the easy access onto the
drivers seat and the low seating in the center makes it much nicer to drive
than the WD. I put a new Tisco piston and sleeve kit in it this spring and
these parts were like expensive jewelry,very nice parts. This is my working
tractor so it does not get restored with real nice paint as I would be
afraid to use it like with my Cockshutt 20 Deluxe..

Larry Dotson