[AT] My "realistic" old tractor plan--Al's leak

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Sun Dec 20 17:36:38 PST 2009

 Al, if you are talking about the seed plate drive seal leaking, it is not a
big deal unless your bearing/axle is shot. If the piece that the seal runs
on has a bad groove worn in it you'll need to get it fixed in order to stop
the leak--a new seal alone won't do it. I turned down the last one I worked
on and made a sleeve to go over that area. Heated it up and dropped it on,
like a starter gear. Seeing how you aren't farming with that tractor, that
should be a suitable repair and not too expensive.

John Hall