[AT] My "realistic" old tractor plan

Al Jones farmallsupera at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 20 06:24:24 PST 2009

The Super A needs an axle bearing repair on the LH side.  (This was
supposed to be correct before it was painted but of course after we got it
done the #$()#$)(*#%*)#($@#_$_@$$*(#)#$ thing started leaking again)

My  R-160 truck needs a radiator, maybe a water pump?  My dad is giving me
a new radiator or core for Christmas.....now to get the old one out of the
truck!  Of course since it's set a good while, the brakes will probably
need working on too, and who knows what else from setting....

The Cub is getting a "deluxe" seat like newer Cubs had.  I have the frame
in the electrolysis tank now.  Just got to let the tank do its work, then
make time to clean, paint, and install, and then get new cushions.  The Cub
also has a hyd. leak and the hydraulics "bump" when you have something
heavy hooked to it.  I re-o ringed it summer before last and must've missed
something.

My 856 needs to be serviced, possibly needs injector tips.  It has a miss
when cold at low RPM's.  Also needs new tires.  It has 16.9-34's on it and
I want to trade rims with a friend with a parts 856 and go to 18.4-34's.
Like Farmer mentioned, I would like to find some GOOD used tires for it.
The thought of two new Firestones makes my head hurt---and I haven't even
mentioned the baby-butt-slick duals for it propped up to the cedar tree!  I
would dearly love to have the 856 painted but there's some little stuff I
want to do to it first.

The 52R sacker needs to be serviced.  Last time I tried to start it, the
points had glazed over on the mag.  This is routine if it's not started
very often.  I have thought about selling it but I hate to because it's
such a nice un-restored original.  But I like using my tanker 52R so much
more and it would be nice to have the space.....

That's the short list.
Al