[AT] Over the hill gang

Phil Auten pga2 at BasicISP.net
Thu Dec 17 16:07:17 PST 2009

At 09:20 AM 12/17/2009, you wrote:
>The first thing I thought about recently when a bunch of us posted our
>aches and pains and about what didn't work right anymore was "The Over
>The Hill Gang".  :-)  Boy, are we ever a heck of a bunch. :-)
<Snip>
Agreed!  While I don't have anything as major as your knee problem,
several parts of me just don't work like they used to.

>I kind of have a notion of sneaking out a few dollars from somewhere
>in the implement sales to buy a running hit-miss engine. Something
>fairly small and very common (easy parts) and not very $$$$. There is
>a fellow that I see each year at the Conner Prairie living history
>museum that has been trying to set me up with something for a couple
>of years. I'm thinking something that would run a 10' section of line
>shaft with clutches I have and run some smallish stuff all mounted on
>a trailer. Not very original I know but still something I like to
>watch. When I get ready to buy something I should sign back onto the
>engine list for advice.

I ain't on the engine list, but here's my 2¢ anyway.  The last time I was
at Portland, there was a man there with a little engine running a very small
rock crusher. Nothing big, it just made small
gravel out of not-so-small gravel.
It was really fun to watch and all he had to do was add a little of the latter
once in a while to make more of the former. Lots of kids were intrigued by it
as well as this really old kid.  :o)

Phil