[AT] Over the hill gang

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 07:20:25 PST 2009

The first thing I thought about recently when a bunch of us posted our
aches and pains and about what didn't work right anymore was "The Over
The Hill Gang".  :-)  Boy, are we ever a heck of a bunch. :-)
My #$%& knee problem was slowly getting better then I got carried away
this week trying to catch up a couple of things outside (some pre-Xmas
barn lot clean-up) and I am pretty much down again. I'm going to try
to stay almost completely off of it for a few days. Diana can feed the
horses fine and loves doing it. For anything else that pops up son
Scott is close and quick to volunteer. The projects will just have to
wait a few days. I think I am going to hire a son-in-law to replace a
broken basement door on a rental house I need to fix. I've done this
knee abuse thing before and it usually gets past the worst of it in
about 4 or 5 days.
It isn't the sort of thing to make an ER trip with and I have a
doctors appointment but the first they can work me in is January 10...
Heck it may be completely gone by then. :-)   Oh well, if nothing else
I'm due for an oil and filter change and maybe a tune-up. I just hope
they don't want to replace any of my struts... :-)
-
It has been great the way everybody has responded to my nostalgic
tractor questions. We usually go into a pre-Xmas blah and all off
topic in December so I wrote up a few questions ahead of time for this
year. I see someone else has asked such a question and that is great
because I only have 3 more written down. ;-)
-
At least now I am catching up on some email.
I have gone out of town Xmas shopping with Diana a couple of times
this week as security (I can still shoot) :-)
I just hobble in with a cane and find a bench until she gets done. The
upside is that I'm not spending anything.
-
I have a guy who wants to come look at my Deere 4020. I can let go of
my general farm machinery pretty easy but they may have to pry my
fingers off of the 4020. :-)
I kind of have a notion of sneaking out a few dollars from somewhere
in the implement sales to buy a running hit-miss engine. Something
fairly small and very common (easy parts) and not very $$$$. There is
a fellow that I see each year at the Conner Prairie living history
museum that has been trying to set me up with something for a couple
of years. I'm thinking something that would run a 10' section of line
shaft with clutches I have and run some smallish stuff all mounted on
a trailer. Not very original I know but still something I like to
watch. When I get ready to buy something I should sign back onto the
engine list for advice.

--
Have you hugged your horses today?

Francis Robinson