[AT] Funny Tractor Stories

John Widener johnwidener at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 16 17:50:22 PST 2009

What funny tractor moment do you remember the most? It could be a funny
event that happened driving one, or working on one, or maybe even a funny
story about finding one. I will start with mine.

When i was about 19 i went with my father and uncle to one of dads
co-workers place to look at an antique tractor. I wasnt into the tractor or
engine scene as i am now. Well, after the deal was made, i went out to help
dad lower the tailgate of the trailer and my uncle stayed behind. When my
father and i returned, i was walking around the tractor looking at it and
saw a wet spot beside one of the rear tires. I told my uncle about the spot
and he advised me to bend down and smell it and tell him if it was brake
fluid. I got down to about axle level when he started busting out laughing
so hard he was crying. Then i knew what it was... At least i hadnt got down
to ground level yet. And now i know that a Farmall H doesnt have brake
fluid.