[AT] A Challenge

Janice and John Quinn quinnj at lara.on.ca
Wed Dec 16 17:24:45 PST 2009

Hi Atis
Haven't posted in a few years but do like to lurk here.

My first tractor drive was as a child of about 12.  I don't know what it was but likely a 9N.  Do recall not being able to figure out how to stop it and when I parked it in the shed I near took it out the other side.
Second tractor was red, narrow front end with a loader.  I was about 20 working for the forestry dept and asked to plow snow.  I quickly found out why you were not supposed to ram frozen snowbanks,  Broke the blade right off the loader frame.
Third tractor was a Ford 4000 and brand new, about 1966.  It had a loader that I used as a scaffold for painting the exterior windows of the company house.  The gallon of paint slipped and turned that blue tractor white.

and over the years there have been many with the local parks department.

Now retired and started my own collection in 1983 when I bought 21 acres on the edge of town.

Ferguson TEA2085
AC D10
IH TD5 crawler
MF Turf 20 (same as 135)
Kubota G5200H lawn tractor.

Enjoy the list and have since Forsyth County days.  How far back was that?
Hope to make it to Portland some day to put faces to so many familiar names.

John Quinn
Burlington, Ontario
Canada