[Farmall] Drive Shaft For H Lift All

szabelsk at gdls.com szabelsk at gdls.com
Thu Dec 10 03:58:49 PST 2009

John,

Thought about the pump last night and came to the conclusion that the
threads on the shaft would be right hand threads, not left hand threads.
This is because the gear it drives would have to rotate clockwise, and in
order for the coupler to stay attached to the shaft when rotating it would
have to have right hand threads. I'll go talk to the shop this afternoon
and see if they can some up with anything simple to make and get you their
ideas.

Off hand it sounds life maybe the end of the shaft has been essentially
pulled into the back of the coupler and is wedged good and tight. That or
the threads have been ground up and everything is just bound up for the
entire thread length. I would assume that the shaft is a harder material
than the coupler (?) so I would figure that the coupler threads may be
damaged and the coupler would need to be replaced once you get them apart.
Have you taken a good look at the couple and looked for cracks?  If there
are any, then maybe the best thing would be to simply cut the coupler in
half and get a new one.

Carl Szabelski