[Farmall] Drive Shaft For H Lift All

szabelsk at gdls.com szabelsk at gdls.com
Wed Dec 9 10:14:11 PST 2009

John,

Not sure about this since I've never had to remove the coupler and change
a seal, but are you treating this as a right hand thread when maybe it's a
left hand thread? We had an incident where we tried heat, penetrating
oils, a "little persuasion" and couldn't get a bolt out of a block. Then
at about the same time two of us looked at each other and said "LEFT HAND
THREAD?". That's what it was. The parts list doesn't provide any
indication of right or left hand thread. Maybe somebody else on this list
can verify for sure that the coupler is right hand thread.

As for the tool, I'm not sure what it would take to make a tool that would
work since I personally haven't seen the involved parts, other than the
coupler from looking at the pump while lying on my back. Can you explain
what you've tried so far with regards to latching unto the parts and
trying to separate them. I can see what they think they may have to
fabricate without knowing what they're dealing with. They'd probably have
to see the actual parts in order to figure something out. Sounds like the
threads are driven to the point of almost snapping if they're that tight.

Carl Szabelski
x5947

This is an e-mail from General Dynamics Land Systems. It is for the intended recipient only and may contain confidential and privileged information.  No one else may read, print, store, copy, forward or act in reliance on it or its attachments.  If you are not the intended recipient, please return this message to the sender and delete the message and any attachments from your computer. Your cooperation is appreciated.