[AT] Belarus 822

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 04:24:31 PDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 7:02 AM, charliehill<charliehill at embarqmail.com> wrote:
> I've always wondered why US built tractors don't have the down pressure
> hydraulics.  I can remember some foreign built tractors way on back in the
> late 50's had it.
> If you needed to change a back tire you just put a block under the drawbar,
> hit the lever and then put some jack stands under the rear axle and you were
> in business.
>
> Charlie
=================================

The Spee-Co 3 point hitch I have on my Farmall Super M has down
pressure with the insertion of a heavy pin much like the fast hitch on
the IHC 300-U I grew up on in the last half of the 1950's. I don't use
the down pressure a whole lot but it can be quite handy when needed. I
do lift the rear of the tractor with it now and then but one of the
best uses has been with a tool I made to break the beads on really
tough tractor rears by laying them on the ground and putting the
weight of the tractor right at the bead. My old loader does not have
down pressure. I also used it (carefully) to force a sub-soiler into a
small patch of heavily compacted ground to loosen it up to improve
drainage.

--
Have you hugged your horses today?

Francis Robinson