[AT] Turf vs. ag lug tires (was Re: [SEL] Aussie tractors across the USA

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Tue Aug 4 09:14:20 PDT 2009

Mike this will take some time to wrap your head around but a tire can NOT
roll without  slipping.  That's why the 10%.  I have seen numbers years ago
in a farm magazine that said more like 12 to 15% is optimum.  It has to do
with having enough slip to allow the machine to put maximum torque to the
ground.

Charlie