[AT] Tire Orientation

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Thu Sep 11 15:17:06 PDT 2008

I'm pretty sure that is what he will find if he runs it like that Steve.  I
have a slightly different but related situation on one of my tractors.   One
tire has water in it for ballast, the other does not since I had a flat
fixed.  I should fill it but I mostly only use the tractor for mowing so I
haven't worried about it but every now and then I hit some slick grass or
something and it will spin that non ballasted wheel so free that you'd
almost think the axle was broken.
The similarity of the two situations is that one side has a huge traction
advantage over the other and as you said the power goes to that side.  I
wouldn't think about trying to pull a bottom plow or harrow with it that
way.

Charlie