[AT] Cub Cadet values

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Tue Sep 9 06:08:49 PDT 2008

charlie hill wrote:
> That was my question Steve, perhaps poorly stated.  Do the Case IH models
> coincide with the Mahindra models?
> I take it that they do.  I keep thinking about when I was in the trucking
> business in the 70's.  You could buy a KW, or Peterbuilt with, for example,
> a Fuler RTO 125-13 (roadranger) transmission.  You could buy an
> International truck with the same transmission but when you tore the IH down
> to work on it the bearings and seals were a slightly different size.  IH
> said "we had them build it to our tougher specs."  The truth was they had
> them build it so they could sell parts at 3 or 4 times the price.
> A seal for the roadranger in a KW could be bought in a parts house for maybe
> $15.00.  Seal for the same use in the built for IH roadranger had to come
> from IH for $50 or $60.
>
> Charlie

I know what you mean. I guess you could say that Cub Cadet Spec'd them
to be built different, IF you consider that they had them painted yellow
and white and decals for Cub Cadet on them. I know the models that were
sold by CC that looked the same as the Mahindras were identical except
for the colors and trim. The local CC dealer was selling the Mahindra
twins for a while when CC was switching brands. He had some on the lot
that were a bit mixed up! You would look out there and see a red
Mahindra with a yellow loader and backhoe, or maybe the hood was
scratched so it had a CC hood on a red body.

I would bet they are doing the same now.

I saw a couple of new compact John Deeres yesterday. They look a LOT
like the older Ford compacts now. Just more musical models.
  It's kind of like the Chinese tractors. Just tell them what color and
what decal set to use and you could have your own Hill brand out there!!!

--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York