[AT] Cub Cadet values

Larry Goss rlgoss at insightbb.com
Tue Sep 9 08:15:08 PDT 2008

I worked at a Case-IH dealership for a year or so after retirement.  There is a considerable duplication between brands and models in the lawn tractor/utility tractor lines.  It's an eye-opening experience to look through the IPL's and check part numbers.  The cosmetic parts (exterior decorations, etc.) have a "dash" number after them to let the service and parts people know what colors the part comes from the factory so you can be sure to match the original -- if that's desired.  In some lines of products (especially those from MTD) there are hundreds of machines that are marketed by the company out of the same inventory of parts.  Anyone can have their own brand name of products from the company.  All you have to do is pick the individual components and assemblies, and meet their rules for minimum production.   They'll put your own name on it.

Larry