[AT] Cub Cadet values

Larry & Barb Dotson dotson at loganrec.com
Tue Sep 9 06:01:34 PDT 2008

Bruce

Yanmar has been making compact diesel tractors for many years. They began
importing them into the USA in the late 70's. My brother was a dealer for
them and still has his tractor with loader and tiller. Somewhere around the
mid 80's they signed an agreement with John Deere to supply all of their
small compact diesel tractors. These enclude the 650, 750 850 and so on. The
agreement forbid Yanmar from competing in the US although they continued to
make their own line for other countries especially Japan. On Feb 8th 2007
there was an anouncment that Yanmar and MTD formed a partnership for the new
line to be called Cub Cadet Yanmar to be headquartered in Valley City Ohio.
These compact Diesels are now available at the Cub Cadet dealers for
tractors under 50 HP.

Larry Dotson