[Farmall] O-12 parts

olmstead at ridgenet.net olmstead at ridgenet.net
Wed Nov 26 08:39:16 PST 2008

Sneaky, good to hear from you again!  Your mention of sheet wax got me to
thinking.  If a part could be dip-coated with something, that would be
enormously easier than building up the surface with Bondo.

I'll take another look, but my first impression was that the air passages
in the air cleaner top would require cores.  Both the inlet and outlet
passages are in the casting.

Guy was successful in sending me the drawing of the front engine mount
bracket.  It is a very pretty, but intimidating casting!

Lane, I like bronze for machining (except hole drilling).  I just hate the
idea of 'dubbing' a bit so that it won't get sucked into the bronze.  I've
done a lot of re-bushing (using bronze) of steering parts on my main O-12
project in the past year or two.  The steering is going to end up better
and tighter than new!  Finished the steering gearbox a couple of months
ago.

As my property development projects wind down, I'm gradually finding more
time for tractor restoration.

-Karl