[AT] Horrible harvesting conditions.

charlie hill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Tue Nov 25 06:44:49 PST 2008

That's exactly the same as it was here David.  My point was that if you were
late getting your crop in, even into late August, the bugs would eat it.  So
the farmers made sure they had it in.  I don' t know if you are aware of it
but back then the tobacco market closed for a week because of the World
Series.  All of the buyers and complany people wanted to listen to it on the
radio.
My how times have changed.

Check out this web site.  I have one of the books. I remember when Billy
Yeargin did his broadcast on the radio and I know/knew some of the folks in
the pictures in his book.

http://www.tobaccoheritage.com/

Charlie