[AT] Horrible harvesting conditions.

David Bruce davidbruce at yadtel.net
Tue Nov 25 06:01:56 PST 2008

Back in those days the tobacco here was all harvested before school
started in the fall so we missed the bugs and beetles.  In fact some
years the start of school would be delayed a week due to the tobacco
harvest but even then the tobacco was out of the fields by Labor Day.

I remember a few years earlier when I was in first grade coming home and
visiting grandpa in the packhouse sorting and making hands of the
tobacco leaves for market while listening to the World Series on the radio.

This year I noticed a lot of farmers rushing to harvest the last of
their fields as the first frost approached for that evening.

It just isn't the same these days.

David
NW NC