[AT] Fuel cans and dispensing - ideas requested

carl gogol cgogol at twcny.rr.com
Wed Nov 5 17:01:26 PST 2008

Thanks for all the ideas that range from using smaller containers (I'm from
the bigger / better generation, so I never would have thought of that one!)
to pressurized used tanks to getting someone to deliver small amounts or
using electric pumps.  I am reluctant to use electric pumps, but probably am
just being a sissy about that, especially a pump built for pumping diesel.
The only drawback to a pressurized tank is a little inconvenience created by
pressuring and exhausting to fill as well as leaving fuel in the hose - but
I really don't see how that is a real problem.  Pouring a 5 gallon can into
a low easy to reach filler is somthing I hope to be able to do for many more
years.  This is probably also the cheapest way to buy - I think that there
was a discussion here once that home / farm delivery was dimes more per
gallon than the local high volume convenience store.  I'll be thinking this
through for the next few months and see how my brain relaxes to a solution
that fits our situation.  Thanks again for all the ideas and hints.
Carl Gogol - Manlius, NY
Tasty grazing in the Oran valley of Central NY
AC D14, 914H
JD 5320 MFWD
Kubota F-2400, B7300HST
Simplicity 7116H