[AT] Fuel cans and dispensing - ideas requested

Lew Best bee_keeper at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 4 17:11:47 PST 2008

I had a 55 gallon tank (small L shaped; probably for an import pickup?)
I filled a coupla years ago (didn't actually fill it; think it was about
35-40 gallons I put in?) & I added STP diesel treatment & just used the
last of it this spring.  With fuel prices dropping like a rock I just
buy 5 gallons at a time now.  Use a plastic gas can I painted diesel on
so I wouldn't make any mistakes.  Usually pour from the 5 gallon into a
2 gallon one at ground level then it's light enough to get up to about
chin level to pour into my Ford 4000.  Amazes me how little fuel it
uses; filled the tank before I started cutting hay; held about 3 gallons
I think.  Cut & raked about 3 acres & baled maybe one acre before dark
caught me; the remaining fuel in the 5 gallon can almost filled the
tractor back to the top.

Lew near Waco, TX