[AT] John Deere 6619T engine

Louis louis at kellnet.com
Sat Nov 1 06:18:39 PDT 2008

Roy,

All Waterloo built two cylinders were horizontal: Waterloo Boy, D, GP, A, B,
G, H, R, 50, 520, 530, 60, 620, 630, 70, 720, 730, 80, 820, 830.  This
includes all variations of these models.

Moline built were vertical: Y, 62, L, LA, LI. This includes all variations
of these models.

Dubuque built tractors were vertical: M, 320, 330, 40, 420, 430. This
includes all variations of these models.

John Deere introduced the New Generation for the model year 1961.  I think
they might have produced some 830's into the 1961 year.  Deere did continue
to produce 730 diesels for export.  My history is fuzzy, I am not sure if
they built them in Waterloo, or if they were built out of the country.

The big round thing on the left side is the engine flywheel.  On hand start
models, you grabbed this and turned it forward to start the tractor. The
belt pulley is on the right side of the tractor. This also houses the clutch
assembly. This is for Waterloo tractors only.

Lou