[AT] Cylinder Packing

william.neff.powell at comcast.net william.neff.powell at comcast.net
Wed May 7 09:57:33 PDT 2008

John,

Thanks for the info... I was looking in Mcmaster-Carr and did not find an exact match yet....Will look into Bailys and other suggested sites...

Fixed my brother-in-law's chevy dump about 3 years ago. Cylinder was leaking bad. Took it apart, drove about 40 minutes away and brought the cylinder in parts to the hydraulic shop... He matched up the seals and popped them on as he found them... He was good, probably would have taken me an hour to work them on.

My local shop must want to make $$$$ and therefore did not want to bother giving me the seals. They charge me about $45 for a 3 foot crimped hydraulic line... I am temped to find out how to crimp my own ends.... Or spend a little more time in TSC trying to match couplings on their generic lines....

Regards,

Will Powell
From: John Wilkens <jwilkens at eoni.com>