[AT] Allis Chalmer B

Tom honcarguy at yahoo.com
Tue May 13 17:29:57 PDT 2008

Hello all,

  It is me again.  Well, the tractor I talked about earlier still won't start.  I have a new Battery, a new Starter solenoid and now a rebuilt starter.  The issue is that the starter acts like it is not getting enough power to turn the engine over.  It is a 12 volt system with a 12 volt starter.  Someone has said they think I might have a "dead short.  I am not sure what this is or even how to check for it.  I have inspected the wires and have not seen any bare wires.  Is it possible for the battery cables themselves to cause this issue?

  If any one out there has any ideas on this I certainly would appreciate it.  Thank you in advacne for your time and help, I appreciate it.

  Tom

Thanks Tom