[AT] Ford interchange Was Part time trailer puller fuel system

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Wed Mar 19 04:35:47 PDT 2008

I have a good 300 6cyl ford in a 78 pickup.  It had a automatic trans
behind it.  I would like to put a standard on it, or find an auto that
is working.  I have a 302 mercury with an auto transmission in an 89
Mercury marquis that burned.  would anything work, or do I have to find
a 300 6 ell housing for the standard trans.  This is an old air force
truck that is in pretty good shape.  I wanted the 6 cyl for the mileage,
but rather have a standard on it....

Cecil in OKla