[AT] OT--string trimmers

dglass dglass at numail.org
Mon Jun 23 08:07:39 PDT 2008

I noticed that no one mentioned Red Max stuff.  I bought a couple of
worn out pieces at a yard sale and if this is what they are like worn
out,  they must be really tough when new.  The backpack blower puts out
more air a idle than any other one that I have used at full throttle.  I
also have two of their trimmers refered to as reciprocators.  They don't
use string, they have two round blades with deep teeth and it work back
and forth like a cycle mower.  It doesn't throw grass everywhere. Great
for around ponds and next to breakable stuff.  Red Max is owned by Komatsu.